Despite it being the end of July, graduation season is still going strong and will be straight through the rest of 2020 due to COVID-19 derailing spring plans (is 2020 over yet?!). Traditions are pretty much out the window for the Class of 2020, but that doesn’t mean certain aspects of the ceremony need to change, like the music! While Pomp & Circumstance is the most popular song played at commencement ceremonies in the United States, many schools, primarily high schools, let the graduating class choose another song to be played that best describes their personalities and often provides a snapshot of the times. It gives students a break in formality for a chance to sing, dance, and celebrate. Here’s a look at the top graduation songs of 2020, some of which have been used in graduation ceremonies for decades!
- Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift
- Graduation (Friends Forever) - Vitamin C
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day
- 100 Years - Five for Fighting
- Best Day of My Life - American Authors
- We are Young - Fun
- My Wish - Rascal Flatts
- These are the Days - 10,000 Maniacs
- See You Again - Wiz Khalifa
- I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
Class of 2020: Did your class choose one of these songs? Let us know in the comments! Past graduates, we’re sure a few on this list brought back some memories!