If you're a dancer or have a child who dreams of pursuing it as a professional career, you'll need to get a strong foundation in ballet. What is the best way to do that? Attend one of the top colleges for ballet in the country!
These colleges offer world-class training from experienced teachers, as well as opportunities to perform with world-renowned companies. They also provide a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and artistry.
If you're serious about a career in ballet, here are a few of the top colleges to consider:
- New York University Tisch School of the Arts: This prestigious school is home to the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, and its ballet program is one of the best in the world.
- The Juilliard School: This world-renowned school offers a rigorous ballet program that will prepare you for a professional career.
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee: This conservatory offers a unique program that combines ballet with other dance forms, such as jazz and modern dance.
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts: This school offers a comprehensive ballet program that will prepare you for a professional career in ballet or other dance forms.
- University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance: This school offers a world-renowned ballet program that will prepare you for a professional career.
If you're not sure where to start your search for the perfect college for ballet, here are a few resources to help you get started:
- The National Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (NACAC): This organization provides a list of accredited colleges and universities in the United States.
- The American Ballet Theatre: This company offers a list of colleges and universities that have a strong ballet program.
- The New York City Ballet: This company offers a list of colleges and universities that have a strong ballet program.
Once you've found a few schools that interest you, be sure to visit their websites and read their admissions requirements. You'll also want to schedule a visit to each school so you can get a feel for the campus and the program. With roughly 10% of dancers becoming professionals, you want to make the right choice!
Choosing the right college for ballet is an important decision. But with careful research, you can find a school that will give you the education and training you need to pursue your dream career.
Are you a professional dancer? Which prestigious school did you attend? Let us know in the comments!